Now-Again | May. 22, 2011 | News |

A little while back we posted some photos of our forthcoming four LP box set of our True Soul, Deep Sounds From The Left Of Stax anthology.

We’re pleased to announce that we’re now offering a pre-sale of the CD/DVD of Vol. 1 at Stones Throw’s webstore!

This anthology – the first to survey the lofty 60s and 70s achievements of Lee Anthony’s legendary Little Rock, Arkansas-based True Soul Records – has been 13 (!) years in the making. It’s so expansive that we have to release it in two parts – the CD/DVD of Vol. 1 will be available worldwide on June 21st. The CD/DVD of Vol. 2 – and the deluxe, 4 LP vinyl box set – will be available in an exclusive pre-sale at Stones Throw in late June, and will be available worldwide on July 26th.

Buy: True Soul, Deep Sounds From The Left Of Stax Vol. 1
Download: Thomas East “Slipping Around” (45 Version).
More Info/Pictures: True Soul, Deep Sounds From The Left Of Stax Vol. 1.

7 Responses to “Exclusive Pre-Sale At Stones Throw – True Soul, Deep Sounds From The Left Of Stax, Vol. 1”

1. DJ M says:

Alas; it appears vinyl lovers will have to wait (a bit?) longer.

2. DJ M says:

The up-dated blog post fills in some gaps in the release details, and adds an MP3, thanks! Sounds great. It looks like I’ll have to get the CD/DVD version AND the vinyl version.

However, w/ the new edits to the blog post, I think there’s one (minor) typo.

It now says:

“…the CD/DVD of Vol. 1 will be available worldwide on June 21st. The CD/DVD of Vol. [1] – and the deluxe, 4 LP vinyl box set – will be available in an exclusive pre-sale at Stones Throw in late June…”

but I assume you meant to write:

“…the CD/DVD of Vol. 1 will be available worldwide on June 21st. The CD/DVD of Vol. [2] – and the deluxe, 4 LP vinyl box set – will be available in an exclusive pre-sale at Stones Throw in late June…”

3. Egon says:

You are spot on. I should hire you! Fixed now, thanks DJ M. And hope that you feel that the box set is worth the wait!

4. DJ M says:

Ha ha! I might just take you up on your job offer! Unfortunately, my day job as an attorney making money for the “man” keeps me busy. I assuage my guilt by spending as much of my disposable income as I can afford on records from indie labels (eg. Now Again & Stones Throw) and record stores. In fact, tonight I just bought “True Soul” vol. 1 CD/DVD and the Natural Yogurt Band’s “Tuck in With…” on vinyl. Looking forward to “tucking in” with both of those, and I can’t wait to hear Madlib’s Medicine Show #9, on limited ed. vinyl, which I pre-ordered awhile back.

5. Serge Vannier says:

Another ‘must have’ release from Egon’s crew.

Now Again wins again.