Now-Again | Jul. 1, 2016 | News |

We’ve reissued the 1975 and 1980 albums by World’s Experience Orchestra this summer as one specially packaged 2/LP set – and it’s shipping to subscribers now. This is the second release in Now-Again Reserve, our deluxe vinyl subscription. The first was Paternoster. The next is Marvin Whoremonger.

The essence of Underground, Spiritual Jazz, figuratively and literally: their first album was recorded in a Boston church’s basement. Both World’s Experience Orchestra albums were committed to vinyl by a visionary, bassist/composer/arranger John Jamyll Jones. He’s a magical type, who communicates with his instrument, his ensembles, and jazz’s ancient lineage in a manner so profound that his late-‘70s album are out of time with jazz’s trajectory, but timeless when presented today.

Read the full subscription details.

14 Responses to “Shipping to Subscribers Now – Spiritual Jazz Masterpieces by World’s Experience Orchestra, LP #2 In Now-Again Reserve”

1. woodisgood says:

Bitty typo: This is >the< second release in Now-Again Reserve, our deluxe vinyl subscription.

Sorry, it's what I do for a living.

2. woodisgood says:

P.S. I pray you can somehow make that Christ Gabriel Jazz Missionary Group album one of these Reserve LPs . . .

3. Egon says:

Ha – thanks for pointing that out. And one never knows – I might be able to find homey; I’ve talked to a couple folks on the LP.

4. Yo says:

I saw the same Lp reissued by Funky Planet, I guess it’s a bootleg?
    You used original tapes?

5. Egon says:

Yes, it was a bootleg, Yo. Avoid it at all costs.

6. abefroman says:

My pockets aren’t too deep these days, is this item only available through the subscription?

7. PNado says:

Same-ish question: any way to purchase some of these great albums without the subscription?

8. Nubu says:

I’ll happily purchase this LP as a one off but as far as subscriptions go, not really my thing.

9. J. P. says:

Got my Paternoster, DAMN it’s nice. But more important, the OBI let’s the cat(s) outta da bag——WHOREMONGER. Holy mother. HUGE huge yes to that!!

10. bern says:

I just about lost it when I saw that as well. Egon has been intimating that it would be coming for what seems like years. What is the other LP to the right of Paternoster?

11. Fish Vigoda says:

Is this from the Masters or a vinyl remaster? Can this be purchased outside of the record club? Not signing up for the club but would purchase this.

Please elaborate on the source material used. Seems like everyone is just as curious.

12. Incredibly individual friendly site. Great details available on few clicks on

13. Ike Turner's Ghost says:

That second record not so good. Should have released this with Awareness instead.

14. […] autrement. Ce sont les ventes de Witch qui me permettent de redonner une vie au free jazz de World’s Experience Orchestra. Je trouve ça sain quand un disque nourrit un […]