Buy it here
1. African Rhythms (Plunky Branch)
2. Kazi (Plunky Branch, Muzi Branch)
3. Funky Wood (Reginald Brisband, Babatunde)
4. Tarishi (Babatunde, Michael Lea)
5. Mashariki (Al-Hammel Rasul)
1. Chants (Folkloric)
2. Don’t Give Up (Joseph Bentley, Al-Hammel Rasul)
3. Incognito (Al-Hammel Rasul)
4. Poo Too (Plunky Branch, Muzi Branch)
5. Liberation Dues (Plunky Branch)
All songs published by Shekere Music (BMI)
Recorded at Bias Recording Studios, Falls Church, Virginia in 1975 by Robert Dawson and Millard “Jim” Watkins. Mastered At Generation Sound Studios by David Crawford.
Flute, Percussion, Electric Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Vocals, Musical Director – Plunky Nkabinde
Balafon, Congas, Drums, Percussion, Vocals – Babatunde
Bass, Percussion, Vocals, Artwork – Muzi Nkabinde
Clavinet, Electric Piano, Piano, Percussion, Vocals – Al-Hammel Rasul
Drums – Ronnie Toler
Marimba, Vibraphone – Lon Moshe
Vocals – Eka-Ete Jackie Lewis
Arranged by Oneness of Juju
Original sessions produced by James “Jimmy” Gray and Plunky Nkabinde for Black Fire Productions. Originally issued on Black Fire Records, BF-19751, in 1975.
This version of the album produced by Eothen Alapatt. Associate production by Cameron Schaefer, with special thanks to Kevin Coombes. Lacquered directly from the original analog master tape by Bernie Grundman. Liner notes by Kevin Coombes. Art Direction by Errol Richardson. Licensed courtesy of James “Plunky Nkabinde” Branch.
LP, Digital. 2019. NA5179 (Anthology Box Set version NA5192).