“Dark Sunrise” Pre-Sale (And Grab A Free MP3!)…

Following our reissue of three essential albums (WITCH’s Introduction and Lazy Bones and Amanaz’s Africa) from the genre, we finally present our Dark Sunrise, an anthology of Zambian “Zamrock” godfather Rikki Ililonga and his groundbreaking band Musi-O-Tunya.

The anthology surveys Musi-O-Tunya’s rarely heard 7″ singles – not just the first psychedelic rock music, but the first pop music independently released in Zambia – their debut album Wings of Africa and follows Ililonga’s solo career in its first stages, with his Zambia and Sunshine Love albums.

Buy: Rikki Ililonga and Musi-O-Tunya Dark Sunrise at Itunes
Download: Rikki Ililonga and Musi-O-Tunya “Dark Sunrise.”

9 Responses to ““Dark Sunrise” Pre-Sale (And Grab A Free MP3!)…”

1. Osborne Simbeye says:

Were can I buy this Album:Dark Sunrise,COULD SOMEBODY TELL ME WERE TO FIND THIS CD?

2. Egon says:

We will be offering a pre-sale via http://www.stonesthrow.com starting NEXT Tuesday!

3. orfy says:

Vinyl package looks fantastic! Can’t wait to get my mitts on it!

4. bklyn says:

[...] Now-Again presents “Dark Sunrise”, an anthology of Zambian “Zamrock” godfather Rikki Ililonga and his groundbreaking band Musi-O-Tunya. Order via Stones Throw. [...]

5. PJ Gray says:

Egon & Stones Throw Family:

I have supported you guys since the beginning, love everything the label stands for.

But, whats with punishing vinyl lovers by having CD only tracks? Its like punching your biggest fans in the nuts. Jussayin.

If its a money thing, I’d happily pay a premium for a vinyl release that included all the tracks. But now I have to buy both the vinyl and the cd? Lame.

6. Egon says:

You guys bring up good points…. You know that we normally ONLY put our exclusive tracks on the vinyl issue of the anthology we release… in this case, however, the formatting issues of making the 7″ singles and including them in the box, and the unfortunate quality of the master source for the first 3 7″ singles, lead me to decide to put them only on the CD issue.

I’d be happy to send you a link to download them so you don’t need to buy the CD – just send proof you bought the LP and I’ll be all over it, promise.

7. Egon says:

BTW…. egon@nowagainrecords.com/egon@stonesthrow.com

8. PJ Gray says:

Awesome….thanks for the quick response too.

9. [...] – Chief 11. Niki And The Dove – Mother Protect 12. Nicole Atkins – Vitamin C (Can cover) 13. Rikki Ililonga – Dark Sunrise 14. Josephine Foster & The Victor Herrero Band – Las Tres Hojas 15. [...]