Buy it here
1. Introduction (Juju) – 2:40
2. Contradiction (For Thulani) (Plunky Nkabinde) 5:10
3. Black Experience (Al-Hammel Rasul) 3:44
4. Nia (Poem: Complete The Circle) (Plunky Nkabinde, Ngoma Ya Uhuru) 8:36
1. The End Of The Butterfly King (Poem: Things Comin’ Along) (Lon Moshe, Ngoma Ya Uhuru) 6:10
2. Black Unity (Pharoah Sanders)* 15:58
Recorded in June 1974 at Eastern Recording Studios, Richmond, Virginia by Tom Williams.
Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Percussion – Plunky Nkabinde
Bells – Ngoma Ya Uhuru
Bells, Vocals – Ngoma Ya Uhuru
Congas – Simbo
Drums, Congas, Whistle – Babatunde
Electric Bass – Phil Branch
Piano, Shekere, Percussion – Al-Hammel Rasul
Vibraphone, Percussion – Lon Moshe
*All songs published by Shekere Music (BMI) unless otherwise noted
Arranged by Plunky Nkabinde
Original sessions produced by Plunky Nkabinde. Originally issued on Strata-East Records, Inc, SES-7420, in 1974.
This version of the album produced by Eothen Alapatt. Associate production by Cameron Schaefer, with special thanks to Kevin Coombes. Lacquered directly from the original analog master tape by Bernie Grundman. Liner notes by Kevin Coombes. Art Direction by Errol Richardson. Licensed courtesy of James “Plunky Nkabinde” Branch.
LP, Digital. 2019. NA5175 (Anthology Box Set version NA5192).